Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Who rescued who?

For starters, my boss sang "we're going to rock down to Electric Avenue.." at me earlier today and damn the luck if that has not been in my head all day. For a good 3.4 seconds, I contemplated 'Electric Ave' as being the title for this post. 

The fact that I'm writing this post after 9pm is feat enough to alert the presses. I am never up this late. 9pm.. late for a 25 year old. I know, I know. Wet blanket, soggy noodle, get the moth balls ready cause I am an old hag at heart. I didn't intend to write anything, but then I sat down and here came a 90lb lap dog to snuggle with me. For starters, she put her nose right up to the camera as I tried to take her picture, prompting a straight up the nose shot that I cleverly titled, "Hey Aunt Sawah, has I any boogahs?!?!" She thought it was cute.. or pretended to so as not to upset my sensitive dog mom feelings. Thanks, guuuuuuwl! 

 So, as I'm typing this, Stella has her head laying on my leg and is snoring. Let's bring it back, bring it back to the title of the post... #whorescuedwho, known by one person on Instagram as 'whores cued who,' whatever that might mean in an alternate universe. Now, here's the thing, not everybody is 'crazy psycho dog mom treats the dog like a human and gives her more feelings than she actually has.' That's a-okay. This little gem of mine, though, most certainly has done more in the rescuing department than I ever will. Isn't it funny how you hear about a dog who has been abandoned, needs a home, can't survive without you and you think, oh yes, I can save this soul! Then, the Earth takes a huge piss in your cheerios and look who's doing the rescuing now. When I had lost everything, when I could barely make it though the day, there was this sweet gem with nothing but love. She legitimately tries to lick the tears away. 



The anxiety I get about whether she's eating enough, whether she gets enough vitamins or not, whether she feels lonely while I'm at work, whether she gets upset when I'm tired and I just want her to take a breather for three mintues is unreal. If you weren't ready to send me to the loony bin before that statement, you surely are now! I really, truly cannot fathom how parents of real live human beings do it. It's a million times harder and a million times more rewarding. All I've got is a dog bone in my purse.. you're killin' the mom thing in your purse with cheetos, a pull up, some mittens and Daniel Tiger on your phone. I haven't the slightest clue how you do it but hopefully one day you can teach me your ways. 


XOXO, 
A


No comments:

Post a Comment