Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Universe: 1 Alex: 0 + Golfing in Oklahoma

You know how sometimes you get so far in your brain you actually take a step further down into your underground crazy garage? No? Just me? Alrighty. Here's the deal: I had an epic meltdown on Monday. Don't believe me? Ask Sarah. I couldn't shut up, I'd run through every single terrible scenario in my head, my stomach hurt and I really thought I was going to start crying. The subject of the matter isn't relevant at this point, what is are two things: having friends who understand your crazy and accepting what the Universe is throwing in your face. Am I saying I calmed down after the Universe dealt me a big fat 'shut the fuck up'? No way. Maybe this is me talking to the next time I have a meltdown. So to remedy my meltdown on Monday night, I binge watched Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 on Netflix and nervously drank numerous bottles of water. Tuesday morning is when the Universe struck. If you're not keeping up with the Humans of New York blog already you should be. Go check it out. Now. Don't even finish reading this. So anyway, enter Tuesday morning post from HONY. It wasn't about FB, if you're wondering, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. Left to my own devices I had created an enormous problem out of something that didn't exist. So, Sarah and Universe: a point for each of ya for handling and putting to rest my crazy.

So, I got myself into a little pickle today. Anne's step-son, Zac, requested a golf outing for his 15th birthday. Fun, right? It's going to be 97 here today in Oklahoma, and as the radio described, 'it's going to feel like 108.' So I'm literally going to sweat my ass off. All for a good cause, though. I can only hope it looks a little something like our golf day two months ago ----> Refer back to the 'love affair with Jack D' intro. Boom. Here's to hoping that my B, Anne, straps herself into the cart again.. this time we'll make her ride that way ;-)

:-) Easy A

No comments:

Post a Comment